Friday, March 6, 2009

Blondie

You've heard of Brownies now you can make this delicious Blondie

1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
60g butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg beaten
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Sift together dry ingredients & add nuts.
Add brown sugar to melted butter & mix well, then add egg & vanilla.
Add flour mixture a little at a time to wet ingredients until mixed well.
Stir in choc chips.
Spread dough into an 8 or 9" slice pan.
Bake 20-25 minutes at 180 degrees.

1 comment:

Clara said...

Hi Jo - thanks for the comment on my blog. You wrote that you were interested in slow cooker recipes... well yesterday my husband encouraged me to try making my own slow cooker recipe, and it turned out really well - so I have scheduled the recipe I made up to post on my recipe blog next Monday :) Just thought you might like to know.
Regarding these blondies in your post here... are they very sweet? A lot of white chocolate recipes I've tasted are just WAY too sweet... I'd be interested in trying these if they aren't too sweet! :)